This post is a Work In Progress.
Updated: February 6, 2018 12:55am (JST)
I just got back from the YoRHa Boys Stage Play, so here are some initial notes and spoilers! Click on the button to below to view the spoilers! (You’ve been warned!!)
- No2 – Defender, but he’s actually an Executioner in disguise. oh no
- No9 – Healer
- No3 – Attacker
- No4 – Gunner, but he used to be an Attacker
- No6 – Attacker
- No21 – Scanner, (No21 and No22 are twin models)
- No22 – Gunner
No3 and No4 were part of the M001 project and are considered the “senpai” of the M002 members who are deployed later.
The instructor’s name is Black, direct opposite to White, aka the Commander.
Cactus had been fighting the machines for years…and used to be confident in commanding his team… but during an ambush, he was the sole survivor…which shattered his resolve…and he became a coward after that (traumatized)
- Pod also makes an appearance in the form of a new “SS” technology that all of the M Squad are given. (SS = Support System Model Delta Code 153)
- Akiyama Kaoru, who voiced Pod153, provided the voice for the SS system
- She appears in the audience for the final scene with No9 and also on stage during the curtain call
- No2 and No9 bond in the course of the play…and No2 feels severe guilt that he was instructed to exterminate them ALL
- No21 gets infected when he tries hacking into the cockpit of the aircraft they were all going to escape the area, but No9 worked his Healer magic on him and No21 appeared to be okay.
- Once they all fight off a horde of machines, the Instructor flies the aircraft into the sky.
- Two hours later as they continue to fly back to the main resistance camp.
- There’s a brief scene with No2 and No9 discussing things. No9 gets all excited when he sees the ocean from out the window and mentions how beautiful it is.
- No2 asks him what he would do if/when the war is over. No9 is confused at first and laughs as though it was a silly question–there’s no way the war will ever be over… but he mentions how nice it would be to someday read a book in a peaceful place like the view out the window.
▲ While No9 is distracted, No2 grabs his sword and is about to kill No9, they hear the Instructor screaming from the cockpit.
- No21 calls out to No22 to join, No3 does the same to No4, but No4 responds, “And where would we go if I did?” No6 explains that they plan to go to the other side of the planet to the “Kingdom of Night” where Command cannot find them.
- When No9 and No2 enter the cockpit, No6 grabs No2 as No21 explains that they need No2 to come with them… since he is important for backing up everyone’s data.
▲ No6: You smell so good…No9. heehee
- Then No21 outs No2’s secret… that he is a E-model who was about to kill them all.
- The entire cockpit erupts in battle as Lotus and Phlox try to keep the aircraft in the air.
- Some damage is done to the aircraft and it quickly starts falling out of the sky. There is nothing they can do to avoid a crash.
- They crash in a forest somewhere, all of them scattered into 3-4 separate groups.
- More characters than expected survived through the end… Only No2, No3, No6, and No21 die. xD
- No6 takes great pleasure out of slashing the Instructor close to death, but the Instructor manages to reprogram the SS system and attaches it to his sword…which he then stabs No6 with. No6 says that he can’t be hurt…and then the Instructor tells the SS to begin the scan, but this time, it somehow rewrites the code on No6’s black box and starts the self-destruct sequence. No6 cries out in denial and says that the Instructor will die, too… to which the Instructor says that he always planned on seeing his students off until the very end.
- No3 and No4 fight. Eventually No4 reluctantly takes up his sword again to fight him (he reverts back to Attacker mode).
- There’s a part where No21 thoroughly gets killed and reanimated by the virus…and he screams SO insanely, it was amazing. I totally got the chills, it was great!
- During the fight with the infected No21, No2 asks No9, should he become infected with the virus, that he kill him…
- But No9 refuses, so No2 ends up killing himself
- Before that, No2 left a message for No9 and asked him to delete No2’s back up personality data… because he didn’t want to remember having to kill them all should they meet again in the future…
- But Cactus was shown alive at the end…along with the other two resistance members. No4 is confused when he sees them…and sees Cactus’ arm twitching weird like he’s infected with the virus (like he should have been before!”, but… he says that “cowards have their own way of fighting”. His arm and the other two were merely injured by gunfire, not the virus. Attackers and Gunners were fazed our after this experiment with all male-model YoRHaThe male-models were a bit of a failure, so the Council of Humanity decided on producing only female YoRHa models in the future.
- The surviving male-models were to be formatted and reprogrammed as Scanner types, which explains why Scanners are all male-models.
At the very end, the whole cast comes on the stage during the YoRHa song “Guadalcanal”. During this part of the song, they merely sing “Ahh” rather than the original lyrics which were as follows:
outo o, yamai o, itami o, umi dasu
ishiki o, kiroku o, kikai o, horobosu
Give birth to vomit, sickness, and pain
Destroy the consciousness, the chronicle, and the machines
◼️ My Thoughts
- I really liked Phlox. As one of the three Resistance members, he was a pretty minor character, but his personality was really quite noble and he was very loyal to a less-than-adequate leader like Cactus.
- No6 is a sadist like Dito. Plus, he seems to be enamored with the Instructor. There’s a scene in which the Instructor demonstrates how to use the SS system to scan for viruses and he uses it on No6 who reacts very…uniquely. He squirms with strange pleasure and is disappointed when the scan stops. He even goes up to the Instructor and asks him to scan him again… preferably somewhere alone, just the two of them. The Instructor unfortunately declines. The next moment, No3 says, “So, you’re even hot for men, huh?”.