NieR:Automata, news

General discussion related to the new NieR title.
Aicard
Location: S land of Seas, had to flee from NW land of forest. Don't try to argue with a drunk fairy

NieR:Automata, news

Postby Aicard » Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:07 pm

I’m quite angry at myself... because of time zone difference I missed most of the Paris games week Nier conference livestream, completely forgot about that, I’m really not a morning person xO

Anyway what I was able to catch :

The game will run on 60FPS (couldn’t care less, but why not)
Platinium game staff is so competent that when he go to their office Taro spend most of his time there sleeping (according to him of course)
No announcement for a release date.

And I think there can’t possibly be enough T-shirts for every person attending the event, it’s nice to see how popular the game is!

Well to calm down I went for Rekka scans of dengeki and famitsu, she’ll probably make a much more detailed summary sooner or later, but what caught my attention :
-The living robots will be able to fuse together like in yorha play, (and much like the shades of Nier isn’t it?)
-Even while they look feminine it’s unsure whether the androids have a gender or not (who know they might be even more equipped than kaine =)?) but I don’t know if that was already disclosed in yorha plays.
-Androids are forbidden from having emotion even if each model have their own differences in personality, model 2b being of the cood and collected composure type

Also i just noticed the official website have been uptaded with a new logo to incorporate the Automata bit.

way to go !

Have to say, good insight on rekka to have surmised the link between yorha and Taro's new game as soon as she saw the play.

Aicard
Location: S land of Seas, had to flee from NW land of forest. Don't try to argue with a drunk fairy

Re: NieR:Automata, news

Postby Aicard » Fri Oct 30, 2015 11:44 am

New update of the official website with the other artworks and the gameplay trailer! There is a character summary for model 2b.

Riskbreaker

Postby Riskbreaker » Tue Nov 03, 2015 12:32 pm

There's something about the plot that bugs me: isn't humanity (Gestalts) supposed to be extinguished in Nier world in 4198? How the hell can they be in the Moon in Nier: Automata? o_O

Aicard

Postby Aicard » Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:03 am

The question was asked in the interview by Hooked (which you can find on rekka's website for exemple).
Taro said he understand that some people are confused about the humans still being on the moon, but that'll we have to discover what's what playing the game, so that we should buy it...=)

But theorically speaking, it's not impossible for humans to have survived. First of all because it"s not like all humans have undergone gestalt treatment (as it is a very expansive one), we assume that all those who did not, died of the WCS or whatever else, but it might be that some indeed fled on the moon.
But, personnaly i don't think its as simple an explanation as that. Knowing Taro, he must have come up with something much more twisted and shocking. I lean on thinking that humans were extinguished, and those on the moon are a species born after the event of NieR
Who knows ? replicants with AI? machine-made humans? time-travel twist? Alien humans? Human aliens...? We really have no choice but to play the game indeed.

Terramax

Postby Terramax » Sun Nov 22, 2015 3:13 pm

I could have sworn that I'd replied to this thread, indeed explaining that mankind's survival could very well have been on a select number of human beings (likely from NASA / USA) fleeing to the moon, in fear of extinction. And, indeed, you're right to assume that this is likely too simple a theory for the writers of Nier.

I know this is going slightly off tangent, but something that has always haunted me since I first read up on it was the theory that the moon is actually a product of other intelligent life. It would be great if this was used in Automata.

Aicard

Postby Aicard » Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:53 pm

One sure thing is, that emile's head looks a lot like the moon, does it not :p.

Gameplay wise, i hope we'll have some sequence on the moon, with low gravity fights!

Scenario wise, i'm really curious to know how he'll deal with the all the physical problem of having human born on the moon (very weak bones, cosmic radiaton etc.) after all, thinking about it, even if the androits get rid of the aliens, its hard to say whether humans born on the moon can safely return to earth. Will he go around the problem with a future technology cheap trick, elude the question or make it a part of the story!

Terramax

Postby Terramax » Fri Nov 27, 2015 2:24 pm

I never really thought of that.

Though, to be honest, it wouldn't surprise me if it's barely mentioned. The entire story could go on without a single scene dedicated to the humans based on earth. Perhaps we won't even see humans at all.

If 2B is indeed an android, I do wonder more about how much in the way of emotions she will have. I'm assuming she has some, but I guess I have to consider investing in the drama CD in order to gauge just how 'human' these androids are.

Also, since I've just started playing through the first Nier again, it has also occurred to me that, thus far, all we've seen is gameplay with regards to the action. Seeing as this is supposed to an action RPG adventure, I wonder how much, if any of the game, is going to be set in towns, etc. Will the game have open world exploration? If so, will it be on the scale of the first game (prefered), or much larger in scope. Seeing as we know there will be a vehicle of sorts (another animal that you may ride), that does hint that there will be an open world to explore. If this is the case, I do hope they don't focus too much on it.

I'm excited for all the (hopefully) new and interesting characters well meet in this new game. Going through the first title, I can safely say that very few games have such a consistent level of interesting characters than that see in both Nier and Drakengard 3.

Rekka Alexiel
Demonic Seraph of Flame
Demonic Seraph of Flame

Postby Rekka Alexiel » Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:12 pm

Sorry, I'm really late to the party but... If you haven't read up on Yoko Taro's stage play "YoRHa", I would highly recommend doing that ASAP. I had made speculations that it might be somehow connected to the DOD/NieR world back when I first saw it, but... now that we have more news on Automata, this speculation has been confirmed.

I'm still pretty sad that 2B might not be "our" No2 from the play... :( We'll have to wait and see...

Terramax

Postby Terramax » Sat Aug 20, 2016 2:49 am

It's been a while since anyone's posted on this forum, but still...

Best news yet regarding the new Nier, it's coming to Steam! No need to buy a PS4 to play this game. WHOO HOO!!

Return to “General Discussion”