Random drawings

Post your DOD related fan art here! (please clearly label adult material)
Aicard
Location: S land of Seas, had to flee from NW land of forest. Don't try to argue with a drunk fairy

Random drawings

Postby Aicard » Tue Jun 23, 2015 6:45 pm

To celebrate the announcement of the new NieR project, here’s a copy of Weiss I made few months ago. (i made a thread with a vague name in case myself or someone else want to add other artworks)
I only used pencil, mostly HB , 7B for the dark parts, just a bit of 3H and 2B here and there for some effect.

There’s several point I completely messed up (for my defense It’s all freehand). Mainly the right-inner side of the arch whose proportions are obviously wrong, thing is, I draw from left to right, and by the time I reached the right side I was just too bored, tired and lazy to make it right… (there’s just too many bloody symmetrical details for a rapid sketch at my level xO) also the metallic bulge and earring of some sort beside the jaws are supposed to be much larger, only I noticed this too late to correct it. And I’m a bit disappointed by the eye.
Retrospectively, I think I used a paper way too thin for such a dark drawing, it could not handle a lot of 7B layers. While drawing I was already worried about the paper durability so I decided not to make a first layer of 2B to preserve it, but it still wasn’t enough. Anyway what’s done is done.
I applied some gamma correction to balance the flash of the photocopier.
While I tinkered on the photo I tried to apply a negative effect and found the result interesting so this is the second image.

(These drawing are free of rights or at least free of mine)

Rekka Alexiel
Demonic Seraph of Flame
Demonic Seraph of Flame

Re: Random drawings

Postby Rekka Alexiel » Mon Jul 13, 2015 3:30 am

Cool!

Aicard
Location: S land of Seas, had to flee from NW land of forest. Don't try to argue with a drunk fairy

Re: Random drawings

Postby Aicard » Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:08 pm

Howdy !

Just a copy of a Zero drawing from kimihiko fujisaka (Dod Character designer). The original drawing was meant to be offered to fan through a famitsu contest, you can see it there.

Yesterday I wished to practice with a “sergeant major”, which I seldom use (behind the fancy name, it’s just very sharp metallic feather that you dip in india ink). So I looked for something quick and simple and remembered that drawing from Dod3.
Actually this is my second try, the first one wasn’t half that bad (probably better than the second as a matter of fact xO), except for the most important part -the face lines-…On the first try zero looked like she had beard and mustache, and stopped her raw meat died for a heavy calorie cheese full-course dinner… So… I planned to use only the feather but seeing the result I reconsidered and on the second try I drew the chin, nose and eyes lines with a HB pencil first… don’t amount to much for training if I cheat on the hardest part I guess -sigh-.
But I’m quite pleased with the flower.
Oh and in case you asked yourself, yes the O in tarO is a failed attempt to draw Emile by memory alone on a sudden whim, but here it just look like a random smiley xO…I should also train my memory I guess…

(This drawing is free of right or at least free of mine)

On a side note , I came upon a website hosting a handle of Dod3 fanart, they are really good, you should give it a look : http://76.72.168.19/search/results/?tags=126726
Or at the very least look at this one, simply gorgeous: http://76.72.168.19/images/2015-02-16-711965.png (to a avoid confusion, I repeat, this is NOT one of my work)

Damn, wish I could take a few days off and indulge in drawing, to produce something more serious and original, but that won’t happen anytime soon… yet I can’t complain, if it comes to cut some leisure time activities, it’s drawing that goes down first these days, so I’m also to blame, and there’s so many project piling up AAARRGHHH.

Return to “The Art Corner”