SPAM AND SPAMMERS

Important news, updates, and messages from the Board Administration.
Rekka Alexiel
Demonic Seraph of Flame
Demonic Seraph of Flame

SPAM AND SPAMMERS

Postby Rekka Alexiel » Mon May 19, 2014 2:14 pm

We've been getting hit by a lot of spam and fake accounts lately. I've been deleting these users and their posts and banning their IPs, but... it may be a while until I can figure out a good way to STOP THEM FROM COMING IN TO BEGIN WITH! *sigh* Sorry about that!!

Rekka Alexiel
Demonic Seraph of Flame
Demonic Seraph of Flame

Re: SPAM AND SPAMMERS

Postby Rekka Alexiel » Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:26 pm

Holy freaking crap. I go away for one day and the board gets attacked by spammers. FML
I've disabled the board from new registrations for a bit while I work on cleaning up this mess.
I haven't had time to secure the registration process to stop spammers from coming in.
I've gotten some advice from another group of people who use the same type of board, so I hope to fix this soon.
If you've been scared away because of the attack, I'm very, very sorry, but I do not intend on closing the board forever.
I'm going to work on this today and try to whip these bastard spammers into shape!!

Rekka Alexiel
Demonic Seraph of Flame
Demonic Seraph of Flame

Postby Rekka Alexiel » Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:48 pm

Spammer cleanup has finished. Now I will enter into a new phase to beef up board security.

New user registrations have been turned off for the time being. I'll post any further information about this here. *sigh*
Need some coffee...

Rekka Alexiel
Demonic Seraph of Flame
Demonic Seraph of Flame

Postby Rekka Alexiel » Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:04 pm

Okay, I've configured a new reCAPTCHA for user registrations and all new users will have to be approved by the admin.

Return to “Please Read!”