THANKS FOR EVERYTHING!!!!!

All other topics may be posted here. Talk about anything!
Terramax

THANKS FOR EVERYTHING!!!!!

Postby Terramax » Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:11 pm

Heya Rekka. It's been a while since I've been on these forums. Hope things with you are ok. Happy new year!

Basically, I do log onto your Drakengard main site and read whatever news you include on there, but wordpress screwed up on me AGES ago, and I can't find a way to log in or make a new account to actually make a comment (and show my continuous support)

Therefore, I'm just throwing this post / thread out there to say a big THANK YOU for all the effort you've put into this site since its inception, and it all really is appreciated.

I thought I'd do this especially as it seems like some numpties out there are being really picky with your translations.

I wish I could have contributed to the anniversary, but I've no talent, so I've been looking from the sidelines.

...man, I really need to play through DOD3 again, once I've finished playing through Way of the Samurai 4 and uploading all my Shinobido 2 videos onto youtube.

So, yeah, here's to you Rekka!

Rekka Alexiel
Demonic Seraph of Flame
Demonic Seraph of Flame

Re: THANKS FOR EVERYTHING!!!!!

Postby Rekka Alexiel » Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:41 am

Terramax wrote:Basically, I do log onto your Drakengard main site and read whatever news you include on there, but wordpress screwed up on me AGES ago, and I can't find a way to log in or make a new account to actually make a comment (and show my continuous support)

Really? There should be a login link on the right hand side of the page.
If you're having a problem with it, please let me know because you may not be the only one. There hasn't been anyone commenting there since my latest post, so I didn't know if something is wrong with the system or just that people aren't interested in making comments. xD

But thanks a lot for your kind comments. It's really nice to hear that at least some of the core DOD fanbase appreciates what I do. :cat-happy2:

Terramax

Postby Terramax » Thu Jan 08, 2015 11:02 am

Oh, it's nothing to do with your site. I've had problems with wordpress even before coming here. Wordpress has just given me hassle over the years.

Rekka Alexiel
Demonic Seraph of Flame
Demonic Seraph of Flame

Postby Rekka Alexiel » Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:21 pm

Terramax wrote:Oh, it's nothing to do with your site. I've had problems with wordpress even before coming here. Wordpress has just given me hassle over the years.

Aw, okay. That's too bad. :(

Aicard
Location: S land of Seas, had to flee from NW land of forest. Don't try to argue with a drunk fairy

Postby Aicard » Sat Jan 10, 2015 1:03 am

It's really nice to hear that at least some of the core DOD fanbase appreciates what I do

I don't think the Dod Fanbase to be such an ungrateful lot, simply the few unthankful troublemakers are always louder and stand out more than the many but quiet thankful ones.
Hey don't become depressed because of some unsavory ones ! (plus, i would hate to lose my main Dod Fresh material supplier, and our spokesman with Taro)

Also, perhaps you still have to make your proof in front of the Dod core fanbase... After all everyone who was introduced to the Dod series By Drag-on-dragoon 2, and still like the game afterward is highly suspicious, if not tantamount to treason.
(Ah, needless to comment that one, it's just innocent teasing :p :anvil: )

Rekka Alexiel
Demonic Seraph of Flame
Demonic Seraph of Flame

Postby Rekka Alexiel » Sat Jan 10, 2015 3:04 am

Aicard wrote:
Hey don't become depressed because of some unsavory ones ! (plus, i would hate to lose my main Dod Fresh material supplier, and our spokesman with Taro)

haha thanks! I'm behind on working on the last chapter of Utahime Five... Maybe I need to get that done today. :bunnyjig:

Aicard
Location: S land of Seas, had to flee from NW land of forest. Don't try to argue with a drunk fairy

Postby Aicard » Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:18 pm

I just drop by to say thanks for your (mostly) full-assed and correct translations (among other small things), それじゃあ、本当に、本当に、ありがうとございました。
Last edited by Aicard on Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rekka Alexiel
Demonic Seraph of Flame
Demonic Seraph of Flame

Postby Rekka Alexiel » Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:14 am

Aicard wrote:I just drop by to say thanks for your (mostly) full-assed and correct translations (among other small things), それじゃあ、本当に、本当に、ありがとございました。

haha You saw that comment, didn't you? I had to laugh. I know I'm not perfect, but I doubt I was completely deserving such remarks. Of course, I welcome constructive criticism because I think we all can learn from each other. If he had backed up his remarks at least with a single reference, maybe the comments could have been validated. Other wise, it just comes off as a jealous nobody who's trying to be tough hiding behind the mask of anonymity. :doh:

But thanks, anyway! I'm glad some people can enjoy the stuff that I work on. :cutehug:

Aicard

Postby Aicard » Sat Mar 07, 2015 9:25 pm

Well honestly that comment was so absurd i laughed loudly reading it too, i'm thankful for that.
Reversing that comment for the sake of humour in my thanks, migth have been a bit improper.
Truth be told, there's but a few text that i'v read both in japanese and in your translation of it and i never cared to check it's accuracy, so i can't really say if it's correct or not (not like i'm able to anyway).
But stating the obvious, i had better to say that , would it be terrible, we would still have no "right" to critizise your translation that way, as it's made for free and nobody is forced to read it.

I seriously doubt a master at translation, owning the raw material would bother to read and check your translation, isn't that all some backlash of the watermarks controversy ? (or a canny student dissatisfied with his english test result ? :lol: )

Aicard

Postby Aicard » Thu Mar 10, 2016 5:38 pm

Hi Rekka,

Just passing by to express my thanks again for your work and the good mood you show in your post!
Seriously i don't understand why you bother yourself with people asking for faster releases.

A few days ago I came upon a fan remix of the song of the ancients from NieR, put me in a great mood, give it a try:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkiI0ymhDtg

Return to “General Discussion”