The new issue of Dengeki PlayStation Vol. 632 featured 6 pages on NieR:Automata to help people get up-to-speed before the game’s release on February 23rd! Here are a couple notes on 20 points about the game that you should know:
#1 Is this madness or depression?
The overwhelming “World of Yoko” Story
#2 The Sci-Fi atmosphere gets a big boost!
This story takes place on an Earth that has been stolen by Bio-machines
#3 Androids without emotion?
The “YoRHa Squadron” is humanity’s only hope
- Among the ranks of androids, a small number of mighty warriors known as the “YoRHa Squadron” were created.
- Rogue androids: The mysterious A2. Although she is also a member of the YoRHa Squadron, she entirely works on her own.
#4 The Commander in charge of the YoRHa Squadron and the Resistance, all of which are androids
#5 The action is amazing!
Platinum Games is in charge of the battle system.
- Speed attack… Square button
- Heavy attack… Triangle button
TOPIC #1: The dodge function adds a ton of fun to the action
- If you dodge at the right time, you can counter an attack
#6 You also have long-range attacks to your disposal
Support unit Pod
- Machine Gun… R1 button
#7 There are 4 weapon types
Each weapon has its own unique pros and cons
- light sword
- heavy sword
- combat bracers
#8 Use the plug-in chips to design your character around how you like to play
#9 If you’re having trouble, turn on the “Auto Mode”
There are 4 difficulty levels: Easy, Normal, Hard, and Very Hard
#10 Nature is slowly returning to the planet abandoned by man
#11 A world filled with wild animals
They are also mountable and have their own unique abilities!
- boar: drift
- moose: high jump
#12 Enemy Bio-machines have interesting designs
Their appearance will differ from location to location
- Desert: mask & cape
- Amusement Park: clown
Topic #2: Bio-machines have uniquely evolved in each area
What is the purpose for this distinction?
Boss enemies also have their own special design.
- As you progress through the game, you will fight bosses that have unique attacks. You’ll have to discover what their weaknesses are on your own!
- Some bosses use long-range attacks that you’ll have to maneuver through if you really want to prevail.
#13 Depending on the situation and the enemies you fight, the camera angle will change.
#14 Fighting is not the only thing?
Sometimes you can take a break and go fishing!
- There are some really rare fish that you can sell for a lot of money when you’re short on cash.
#15 Friend or Foe? The mysterious pretty-boys appear… Adam and Eve
- Shrouded in mystery, their silver hair and red eyes are a slightly concerning…
#16 The Access Points are hugely helpful in your mission, allowing you access to:
- Area map updates
- Quick save
- and other abilities…!?
#17 If you’ve played the previous game, this ought to make you smile.
Very nostalgic name-drops hit!
- Since the game takes place so far into the future, there is no deep connection with the previous game; however, Emil, Devola, and Popola seem to be returning (this Devola & Popola are not the same individual androids as before). If you’re a fan of the first NieR, then you’ll be very happy to see these guys again!
Topic #3: Even some Bio-machines will help you fight!?
- Pascal is a pacifist who hates fighting. She works with other Bio-machines who share the same hopes for a peaceful world. Sometimes Pascal will tag along with 2B, but what is her true intentions?
#18 A ton of Sub Quests and Weapon Stories
- Get quests from various people from all over the place
- As you upgrade your weapons, an additional portion of the Weapon Story will be unlocked
#19 Multi-ending Story?
Work your way to the very end
- Could 2B & A2 be on opposite sides even though they’re both YoRHa androids?
- The original game had multiple endings as well; but a revealing truth will become clear through the further you progress through each ending.
#20 The game is out on February 23rd! For the Glory of Mankind!