The release of the Official Complete Guide Book and Setting Designs will be released on February 28th. Have you pre-ordered your copy yet? Do so, here!
Anyway, Dengeki Online has just published a short reminder about the guidebook and reminded us what goodies we can find within it. I believe I’ve posted about its contents before, but here’s one interesting thing they’ve added: The settings for “DOD1.3“.
What is DOD1.3? Well, if you’ve played through DOD3, you will know that [SP: time is not a single, flowing entity. It is like a tree which may brach out from its original path to create a new “future”. It’s the classic Back to the Future idea: Change the past to create a better future.] So, what if events in DOD3 effectively alter the events which now may or may not occur in DOD1? That is where the idea of DOD1.3 comes from; It’s the same general idea, with both small and very vital aspects changed, melded into a new timeline.
For example, the guide book will talk about various possibilities with DOD1.3 like this:
- Since there is no such thing as contracts between humans and dragons, Caim and Angel have merely a symbiotic relationship.
- Perhaps there is a parting of ways between Caim and his younger sister Furiae.
- Many other unpredictable yet exciting new twists and turns!
Looks like I never updated this post with more information on the guidebook. ^^;;
More information on the Complete Official Guide Book!
Pre-orders for the Complete Official Guide Book have been underway for a while now! Have you ordered yours yet? Here’s what you can expect:
The only Complete Guide and Settings book
* A ton of data and information on how to reach each of the endings
* A ton of setting designs and information, especially previously forbidden information on various things that many fans have been wondering about
Must read information for fans from the developer on story and world of DOD3
* Featured story by Yoko Taro, series creator
* Highly detailed information on the world view, development terms and materials to enjoy the game even more
The book is jam-packed full of maniac-level articles by the Dengeki staff that brought you the legendary “DOD2” and “Nier” guide books
* An extensive view of the DOD3 world from the perspective of the Dengeki staff
* In the fan book-like corner of the guide, you will find a character popularity poll and much more
Beautiful illustrations and character designs, especially from fans
* Rough illustrations by character designer Fujisaka Kimihiko, including other design materials and notes that can only be found here
* Rough images that eventually were cut in the development process
* Various tribute illustrations from the illustrating team: Ayakura Juu, Tanno Shinobu, pako, Fukahire, MAYA, Morii Shizuki, and Yaegashi Nan
Dengeki Online – News Release
Amazon – Pre-order the Complete Official Guide Book here!