Here are my scans of the new pages in this week’s issue of Dengeki Playstation. I have yet to read everything here, but they *do* mention that we may see more characters from the YoRHa play! My bet’s on No4! She’s the only one of the four main units that are still alive, even though she received massive damage by the end… I may even go one step further and speculate that her consciousness might actually live on as “Pod”, the hovering robot that is scene in some of the new photos in both Dengeki and Famitsu.
A couple things we learn from these pages:
- The aliens that invade the earth drive away the surviving humans with mechanical weapons that are called “Living Machines”. These machines are probably not the main aggressor in this conflict more than they are the pawns sent into battle for the benefit of their “creator”…very much like the YoRHa androids.
- Although 2B (YoRHa No2 Type B) may appear female, it is unknown whether specific gender identities are preserved within the androids.
- 2B uses swords for short-range combat but can also enlist the help of “Pod” to reach more distant areas.
- She rarely removes the visor or “goggles” that partially obstruct her face. What sort of face might she have…?
- The YoRHa units have no given name but rather are called by their model number.
- They are forbidden from experiencing emotion, but clearly have their own unique differences.
- 2B is very calm and collected.Other members of the YoRHa unit may make an appearance.
KEYWORD: LIVING MACHINES
- The pawns of the alien race are called “Living Machines” because they are able to repair, restore, and reproduce (create new machines).
- It is unknown exactly how powerful these Living Machines are, but they possess enough might to force the human race to abandon the planet.
KEYWORD: BARREN WASTELAND
- While humanity fled to the Moon, the earth is on its way toward destruction and decay.
- 2B is forced to fight in the barren wasteland that the earth has become.
- There is little trace of humanity left on the planet, the desolate ruins telling the story of the violent invasion of the Living Machines.